Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Um Mês no Brasil


Officially today I have been in Brasil for 1 month.

Just a quick recap of what has happened and what all I have done since my arrival.

This first month has been a lot of adjusting to the culture, learning Português (which is coming along, though I still have a lot more to learn), and exploring my island.

First week I took a trip around the island and saw different parts from the north to the south part. Also was able to see how diverse the island truly is.

The following week some of the other students studying here and I hoped on a bus and went to Morro das Pedras. That weekend I attended a game of futebol of Avaí with my host dad. And on Saturday I went to Balneario Camboriu with some fellow Rotary students for a night out.

The week after that some other students and me decided to take a trail called Poçáo, which was really neat as there was a waterfall and some of the students even went swimming. The day following three other students and me attempted to find another trail, but instead just walking around Monte Verde. Then in the weekend I went to UFSC to met with some of my friends there. Then that Sunday I went with my family to Biguaçu for a party for my host dad’s work.

In the past week I did some more traveling around the island. It started off with some of us students going to Pantano do Sul, which is a beach city in the south of the island. The next day some of us students had no classes so we decided to tackle another trail in the south of the island to a private beach called Naufragados. It was about an hour hike, and we had a dog being our tour guide, which was an interesting experience. To top off the week I went again to UFSC where I met up with my friends and hung out as well as I attended a Rotaract meeting here in Floripa.

So far my month has been a great experience. I am really looking forward to what will come. I know that in the coming weeks I am attending a formal with my host family and my program has a few more excursions for us planned, other than that I am just seeing what happens every day. 

Futebol game of Avaí

Balneario Camoriu

Poçáo

Monte Verde

Pantano do Sul

Naufragados

No comments:

Post a Comment