Monday, February 3, 2014

6 Meses no Brasil

To begin the beginning of January we headed to São Carlos. This time we went as my friend had to go and take a test for entrance into university. So while she was taking her test I met up with a friend of ours and went around the city with them. On the first day there we went to a fazenda, which is an old plantation that exist in the area. It was quite neat to see, even got to see old slave courters that existed. We went on a horse back ride also through the area. After finished it was time to pick my friend up so we went and got her and then went to Churrasco that another friend was having. The following day unfortunately our plan to go to the ecological park did not work out so instead we went to the federal university, UFSCAR, and went swimming. The last day in São Carlos we woke up and went back to the ecological park, as this time it was open. It was basically a zoo that they had, but only of animals in Brasil with a few animals in other parts of Latin America. For the afternoon we walked around centro. Then that night we went to a futebol game of Palmerias for the Copa São Paulo. On Wednesday when we got back to Matão some friends came over and we planned our trip out to Rio de Janeiro. On Friday we woke up and headed to Bebadouro, which is where we spent New Years Eve. We went back to spend a few days again with my friend's godmother. We spent the weekend there just relaxing, swimming, and also some time at her godmothers hair salon, which is just right next to the house. 

The following Tuesday we returned back to Matão. On Wednesday we went to a dinner at a family friends. It was really fun and the host was really interested in learning about the states. On Thursday we went to my friend's best friend and had dinner and also had a sleepover for the night. Saturday we went to friend's aunts and spent time withe them. On Sunday I went to Ribeirão Preto, which is basically the larger city of the area. I went and met up with some Americans that my mom knew who were visiting the area for work. We spent the evening just going around the city and went to eat and after spent time in the mall shopping. After a while with them it was time for me to go and catch my bus back to Matão so I could get my bus for Rio de Janeiro. 

For the week of 21 - 24 I spent my time in Rio de Janeiro, which I wrote all about on my previous blog.  It is truly the city of Wonder. And if you ever get a chance to go, take it. The city, even though everyone thinks of it being dangerous it is quite tranquil, just have to watch out where you go, but the South is really a great place to visit. 

Once we got back from Rio on Sunday we went and swim at a friends. This past week has been quite laid back. This Saturday we went to my friend's aunt to help set up for a birthday party for her cousin. Then we spent the evening at her aunt's house for the birthday party. On Sunday we had a churrasco at our house and then a friend of my friend came over and we hung out with her. 

For the next few weeks here in São Paulo nothing much is planned, but I know on the 15th I will head to Maringa to visit an exchange student that lived at my house last year. Also I might be going to visit the Foz do Iguaçu. 

Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment