Friday, January 3, 2014

5 Meses no Brasil

Wow it is hard to believe that I have already been here in Brasil for 5 months! In honor of being my 5 months here is an update of what I have been up to since I arrived in Matão, São Paulo.

For my first weekend here it was learning about the city, and meeting all of my friend's friends. On the Saturday we went into the centro and went and taught some English at an school my friend teaches at. For the evening we went to a restaurant with some of her friends and just hung out with them for the evening. On Sunday we decided to go and visit a city nearby, São Carlos, where we met with a friend of hers to spend the evening visiting the city. It was a very laid back trip, we just went and played soccer for sometime and went to centro to see the christmas decorations. The next day we went and got some Açaí and relaxing. On Wednesday we ended up going to the gym, we originally went to try out a class called She'ba, but since we arrived so early we also went to a pump class. On Thursday we went to Quintaneja, which is Sertaneja on Thursdays. Friday we went to a birthday party that was at a chacra, which is where they normally have a pool and churrascara. Saturday I was able to go a play soccer again as well as go to a Catholic mass. Sunday, since my friend went to take her vestibular, I went with my friends sister to met up with some friends of theirs for the evening.

On the following Monday we spent time at my friend's grandparents as well as her aunts. Friday I met one of my friend's best friend and we did a sleepover at her house, me, her friend, her sister, and another friend of theirs. Saturday we went to Araraquara, which is another city nearby. There we just did some Christmas shopping as well as went and got some chinese food. That Sunday we went to a class reunion, basically, for my friend and her classmates.

The following week was Christmas week. For Brasilian tradition it is normal to have a family dinner on the Eve and spend Christmas just relaxing. Which of course is what we did, we had a massive dinner at the house and at Midnight we opened up our Christmas gifts and wished everyone a merry Christmas. For Christmas day we went to another chacra and spend the day relaxing, swimming, and eating. On Friday we went again to Quintaneja. Saturday we went and made Brigadeiro. Sunday we went again to Araraquara, this time to go see a Beatles tribune, then went and traveled around the city some.

To get to NYE. We went to my friend's godmother's house to bring in the New Year. It was quite a nice time, we just hung around and enjoyed each others company. After we brought the new year in we decided to take a swim. The following day we spent at her house and swam and relaxed for the day.

For the upcoming weeks not much is planned, though we are looking at going to Rio de Janeiro.

Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment